Implant are titanium screws that are compatible with the body that is prosthetic, which acts as a tooth that can be used in single or multiple tooth deficiencies. It eliminates the necessity of cutting teeth and making bridges in tooth deficiencies. Removable denture can eliminate the need for use. Especially in bridge requirements; It is the best treatment method in cases where there is no teeth to be supported or it is not desired to cut the adjacent teeth.
Your implants are placed with a simple intervention that takes a short time under local anesthesia. In the absence of teeth, it is not preferred today to cut the healthy neighbor teeth and make a fixed bridge. Thanks to the implant, tooth deficiencies can be eliminated without touching the solid teeth next to it.
Thanks to the rapidly developing technology in recent years, there have been many developments in modern medicine. Dentistry, in particular, emerges as a professional group that benefits greatly from this development. Implant The so-called treatment method is one of the most beautiful methods of use of the developing technology in modern medicine. Missing teeth pose a problem in terms of both health and aesthetics. Thanks to the implant, this problem is eliminated and the traditionally used bridge process, prosthesis, etc. It is a method developed as an alternative to applications.
What is an implant?
In the simplest terms what is an implant It is possible to explain the term as follows;
Screws made of titanium, which are used for the treatment of missing teeth and placed inside the jawbone, are called implants. The dental prosthesis is placed in the upper part of these videos. This is how the operation is performed. An important advantage of implant treatment compared to other treatments is that it does not harm neighboring teeth. This means that adjacent teeth do not need to undergo any cuts. The purpose of the implant here is to act as the root of the tooth. It looks just like a natural tooth and patients can easily eat, talk and laugh in this way.
To Whom Can Implant Be Applied?
It is more appropriate to be 18 years of age or older in order to apply implant treatment. Because the success rate of the treatment increases more in individuals whose jaw and facial development have been completed. X-ray and evaluation are very important before treatment. Thanks to the X-ray, it can be understood whether there is a suitable condition for the implant in the jaw structure. If there is a chronic disease, such as diabetes, blood sugar should be regulated before treatment. If he is using a blood thinner drug, the drug should be suspended before the treatment. In the case of osteoporosis, which is a more troublesome disease, implant treatment can be seen after taking the appropriate treatment for this condition.
How Is Implant Treatment Performed?
Implant treatment The patient is given a mild sedative drug. Before the procedure, detailed examination and x-ray are very necessary. The treatment is started as the size of the patient's jawbones and remaining teeth. dental implant There are two options available for placement. The first of these takes place with a single-stage process. In the one-stage procedure, after the implant is placed, a cap is attached to the patient's mouth, which must be temporarily attached. In the two-stage process, after the dental implant is attached, the implant is covered with the gum and the patient's mouth is left to heal. Prosthetic heads are attached later. In both cases, a temporary bridge is placed in the mouth. Recovery times for these procedures are determined as three months for the lower jaw and six months for the upper jaw. Of course, this may vary from patient to patient. Late or earlier recovery may occur. Sometimes, the process can be completed by placing the newly made teeth on the dental implants immediately.
What are the types of implants?
Quite a lot on the market type of implant available. However, in recent years, the most widely used and best known implant is the screw-shaped implant. Other implant types are determined depending on the tissue and structure in the area where the implant will be made. After the implant type is determined, the application is started. Some known and preferred implant types are as follows;
- Subperiosteal implants
In this type of implant, the place where the measurement is taken is above the dental bone. The biggest advantage of subperiosteal implants is that they distribute the chewing force equally over the entire dental bone. It is made of thin metal alloys. It is in the form of a cage. It is not one of the most preferred implant types.
- Endosseous implants
It is a type of implant, also known as an endostal implant. This type of implant is a type of implant applied in cases where one or more teeth are not present. Implant applications made into the jawbone intraosseous implants is called. Endossenous implants are the most widely used implant type today. This type of implant is divided into 3 in itself. These are; Screws are counted as cylindrical and blade implants.
- Transosseous implants
This type of implant is a type of implant that is applied throughout the entire bone. It is a preferred implant method to correct deficiencies in bone lengths. It is not a preferred method because it is very difficult and challenging.
- Intramucosal implants
All intramucosal implants titanium coating consists of It is a preferred type of implant to increase the retention of prostheses. It is not a frequently preferred type of implant today.
- Endodontic implants
This implant method is the preferred method for fixing the structures of weak teeth.
Implant Treatment Benefits and Harms
Firstly the benefits of the implant;
- While people's natural teeth can experience decay, this is not the case with implant teeth. Implant teeth do not rot.
- During traditional bridge prosthesis applications, neighboring teeth are cut and covered. In implant application, there is no need for such an application.
- Interface cleaning of the tooth made with implant treatment using dental floss is easier compared to teeth that have been bridged.
- The tooth retention of full dentures is weak, especially in the lower jaw, known as the palate. It may become dislodged, slide during speaking or eating and put the patient in uncomfortable situations. Even with the application of two implants, it can provide a more comfortable use of full dentures.
- Traditional removable prostheses may have an effect on increasing bone loss, but implant applications can reduce bone resorption as well as serving as a support for the prosthesis.
- With implant applications, it is possible to make more aesthetic, more functional and more comfortable prostheses compared to traditional prostheses.
The harms of the implant If we examine what it is;
- Since it is a difficult surgical procedure, it is possible to count in this section its high cost due to its high cost.
- There is an oral hygiene situation that needs to be done very carefully and by taking time, and this issue should not be overlooked. If oral hygiene is not given importance after the implant, the expected success rate from the implant decreases.
Things to Consider After Implant Treatment
There are some factors that should be considered for the new life order to be lived after the implant application and with the next implant.
- After the implant application, cooling that area of the tooth accelerates healing and helps prevent swelling.
- It is necessary to stay away from blows or physical forces that will traumatize the area. In this way, the surgical success of the application will increase.
- Avoiding hard, particulate and sticky foods helps to prevent bacteria that will form in the mouth.
- Paying attention to oral hygiene helps prevent infections that may occur and accelerates healing.
- Smoking and alcohol should be avoided as much as possible. Because smoking and alcohol consumption negatively affect the healing process and slow down the treatment process.
- After the fusion process of the implants to the jawbone, the implants are fixed with permanent porcelain teeth or bridges. At this stage, it is very important to pay attention to oral hygiene such as brushing teeth and flossing.
- Dentist control examinations should also be paid attention, appointments should not be delayed.
Implant Treatment Prices
Prices of implant treatment varies depending on the materials used. Apart from this, many other factors should be considered when determining implant prices. Every year, implant prices are determined for private clinics, public hospitals and private hospitals thanks to the "Turkish Dentists Association". Implant prices indicated on the Internet are precious metal and zirconium However, it is prohibited to share prices over the internet due to competition conditions. Therefore, a clinical examination is essential both to learn the price information and to determine the treatment you need in detail.
Get Expert Information
Frequently Asked Questions
View: Dental implants look and feel more natural than dentures. They become solid as they merge with your jaw bone. In fact, you can even forget that you have an implant in your mouth.
Talk: Prostheses can enter your mouth, relax, and make it difficult for you to speak. On the other hand, dental implants can be used without any adjustment.
Comfort: Once you get used to the feel of your new implant, you will have a natural part.
Eating easier: You no longer have to worry while eating your favorite foods. Since dental implants are fixed on your jaw, it works like your own teeth.
Intact teeth are not affected: When applying a dental supported bridge, healthy teeth next to it are filed to support the bridge. However, it does not affect the teeth next to the dental implant. It is also easier to brush between the implanted teeth.
Long lasting: With adequate and regular maintenance, the implant can last a lifetime.
The dental implant is placed in the jaw bone, in place of your non-tooth. It is made of titanium, which fuses with the jaw bone when placed inside the chin. When the junction occurs, dental implants remain firmly in place, do not slip or bother. There are different types, and the way dental implant surgery is performed will depend on the jaw condition as well as the type of implant selected.
- Those with multiple cavities and teeth deficiency
- Those who have a firm and sufficient jawbone
- Those with healthy mouth tissues
- Those who cannot or cannot use dentures
Unlike conventional dentures and bridges, the dental implant does not cause any damage to the bone. In addition, all materials used for dental implants are safe and do not cause any deterioration. However, individuals with certain medical conditions, such as high blood pressure and diabetes, should consult their doctor before dental implant surgery. Fortunately, most people with these conditions can benefit from the procedure as long as some precautions are taken. Dental implant surgery is not recommended for children, as the chin may not be fully formed yet.
In dental implant surgery, the entire procedure is carried out in various stages, which last from 3 months to 9 months. Much of this time is expected to heal and form a new jaw bone. The first surgery involves placing the dental implant screw on the jawbone. It has a few months of rest. Subsequent surgery involves placing the new artificial tooth. Another healing process will be waiting for you. Some patients need to undergo a bone transplant surgery before dental implant surgery, if the jawbone is too soft and cannot carry the implant. During bone transplantation, a piece of bone is taken from a different part of the chin or another part of the body and transplanted into the jaw bone.